Monday, January 10, 2011

Family.

I thought a post dedicated to family was appropriate due to current events.
My father passed away on January 1st, 2011. Horrible way to start the new year, if you ask me.
He got very, very sick during the last two months of his life. The doctors explained his lung useage in terms of a tank of gas. They said, "Imagine his lungs as a tank of gas. Imagine you only have a quarter of a tank of gas left. Now imagine you have only a quarter of that quarter of a tank left. That's how much of his lungs he's able to use."
They also said that his heart was only working at 15%. It was only a matter of time.
He had to be transferred to Columbia, MO because he needed dialisis (which he ultimately refused), but we have no family in Columbia. He was alone at nights. So my cousin/aunt (Larissa & I call her our aunt sometimes because she's old enough to be our aunt) had the idea to go to Target & get him a stuffed animal to keep him company. We got him a blue little creature from Seasame Street. Dad named him Fart. He never let Fart go.
He was gone within an hour of the doctor's putting him on the morphine for the pain. My mom thought he was just waiting for us to get into Columbia & for the doctors to put him out of pain. I agree.

Here are some photos (new & old) of my family.





Mt little sister Larissa.

My mom at where we're going to bury my father's ashes.




Danielle & her daughter Libby.

My mom & me.

Brent playing with his cutest (& only) neice, Libby.

Diana & her son Timmy.



Obviously these photos were taken at different points in time & at different levels of skill. Can you tell which are the newer ones?






A.

No comments:

Post a Comment